11.24.2009

Inside Me A Lunatic Sings

Music is a big part of my life. Ever since I can remember there have been certain songs, albums, and artists that can take me back to a specific memory or move me in a way that I haven't been moved in a long time. These moments are better than pictures because I can feel the emotion that went along with each time and remember the surrounding context much better than I can when looking at a picture. These moments aren't a snapshot of an instance, but rather a genuine recollection of the moment in time.

Ever since June decided she wanted to listen to my iPod (by chewing on it) while I wasn't home one day it has had issues. The play button doesn't really work all that well and it will occasionally stop playing altogether until I reset it, so I decided to take it to work and just "shuffle" it all day so I don't have to deal with it stopping every time I change the album. I bring it Monday morning, press shuffle, and don't touch it until it's time to go home on Friday evening. Kind of like my own personal radio station while at the office.

This afternoon I was busy working and suddenly was transported back in time to just over nine months ago. February 21st, 2009 in fact; Our wedding day. As soon as I heard the song I stopped working and just closed my eyes to listen and experience the memories. It wasn't that long ago, but it felt as great today as it did then.

The best part about this song was that it almost wasn't played at our wedding. While Gigi and I were searching for songs to be played for different times at the wedding, I sent her the lyrics for this song and she loved them. Then I played her the song and she said, "Those aren't the lyrics you sent me." She was right... sort of. I sent her the English lyrics, but the song is sung in Icelandic. Sneaky... I know. But with a lot of talking I convinced her that even though the song was in a different language, it was the perfect song for the moment. Although, until the moment actually happened she still didn't really believe me. You can ask her what she thinks now. Go ahead, I'll wait...

Anyway, this song makes me smile every time I hear it and so I thought it would be fun to share the video and it's lyrics...it's English lyrics to give everyone a little taste of what was going through my mind as I stood in front of God and everyone waiting to kiss my new bride.


Inside me a lunatic sings

On a silver river

You illuminate the whole world and blue eyes

Cut the starry sky

I make a wish and close my eyes

Yes do that, now begins the story

Oh no

At lightspeed

Inside a heart explodes, an airplane crash

Down on the earth sings

I make a wish and close my eyes

Yes do that, a silly dance

All is forgotten in very little time and yet begins

Open eyes

Oh no

My best friend no matter whatever happens

I swallow tears and breathe hair

A bad break, we cry in each other arms

When we meet

When we kiss

The lips burning, we hold hands

I see you wake

I see you naked

Inside me a lunatic sings

Always rushing, we run quickly

Everything becomes smaller

I scream louder

I'm with a shell, going away

My best friend no matter whatever happens

A bad break, we cry in each others arms

I swallow tears and breathe hair

When we meet

When we kiss

The lips burning, we hold hands

I see you wake

I see you naked

Inside me a lunatic sings

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, this has become one of my favorite songs (thanks to your wedding). Thanks for posting the English lyrics - they are pretty rad....

PS - You're in charge of my future wedding soundtrack, whenever that may be...

Mountain Man said...

Very Cool!