9.24.2009

We should've known...

People (all too often) ask me what the hardest part about being married is. Why they want to know so badly, I’ll never know…

But, I’ve finally found it.

I knew it would come. Everyone always says, “You think marriage is so great now…oh, just you wait…” It was truly inevitable; and oh boy can marriage stink!

The hardest part about being married is… the moments we are apart. I’m not kidding, it is not easy. You get married and you think, “Wow, this is going to be great! We get to spend the rest of our lives together! You and me against the world!” Boy, were we wrong. I find myself loathing just about anything that doesn’t involve Josh and I hanging out. Morning’s stink because we have to go to work. Sunday nights just mean the end of fun weekends together. Sleep is no fun because we don’t get to hang out those 7-8 hours.

I’ve calculated this…

There are 168 hours in a week.
We sleep 56 of them.
We each work 63, at least.
I think I drive an extra 10 of those.
Josh does school work for at least 20 of them.
Not to mention we DO have friends and family we shouldn’t be ignoring…it’s just not polite!

That leaves…19 hours a week to spend together.

Does anyone else think it’s crazy that Josh and I went and got married in an effort to spend 19 hours a week together!?! Holy Molybdenum! (**New favorite phrase—doesn’t mean squat.) That’s ridiculous. That averages out to less than 3 hours a day; 2.7 to be exact. It honestly makes me mad. There are days I wish I wasn’t so "into" my husband. I wish I didn’t think he was as fun as I think he is. I wish I didn’t think he was the funniest guy I’ve ever met. I wish I didn’t melt the way I do when he wraps his arms around me. I wish I didn’t think he had the cutest, sweetest smile in all the earth. But he does. So I want to be with him…all the time.

So there it is, folks. 7 months in and marriage has shown its true colors. It can really blow. (But it doesn’t.)

5 comments:

Kristy Sola said...

YOU GUYS SHOULD JUST MOVE TO COLORADO SO ONLY ONE OF YOU HAS TO WORK, JOSH CAN QUIT SCHOOL AND YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD 6-7 HOURS A DAY TOGETHER, 50-75 HOURS A WEEK COUNTING WEEKENDS,I THINK THATS A GOOD DEAL, PLUS YOU WILL GET TO SEE THE NAKID AND HER FAMILY MORE OFTEN. SOUNDS PERFECT: ) JUST TRYING TO MAKE YOUR MARRIAGE BETTER; )

Anonymous said...

Girl, you don't need that much sleep...7-8 hours...get on the 4-5 plan and you can squeeze in QUALITY time! :)
-Abs

Emma H. said...

Yeah...it is all worth it! 25 years from now, you will agree!

Anonymous said...

haha i love you gg. and nakids comment was pretty funny. abby you are crazy!

Anonymous said...

oh that was from me... banks