8.17.2008

i like my guy with a little drop of cuban...

My mom's birthday was on Saturday, and to celebrate, our family went to a friends house for a combined birthday party. The family was Cuban, much like mine... and a Cuban Party is also known as a dance party with killer food! That's exactly what it was. Josh came and got to see a little of what my life was like as a kid, growing up with crazy latin american people all over the place. We danced the night away, and it turns out that Josh is not afraid to dance!!! He and I had a B.L.A.S.T dancing... I was sweating bullets and Josh was laughing his head off. My parents, my sister and brother in law, and Josh and I danced with 20-30 other people. The music was loud, the drinks kept coming, and the dessert topped off the night! So, if I can convince Josh to keep it up, you'll see some of his funk moves at the wedding...right, Baby!?!?! Right.......... ;-)
Speaking of wedding, we started registering this weekend. We registered at Crate&Barrel and Macy's, and we plan to hit up Bed Bath and Beyond this week. TALK ABOUT FUN...!! Josh just LOVES that stinkin' scanner...

Here are some pics from today's family BBQ at Salt Creek!

1 comment:

Emma H. said...

Well...It may have been my birthday, but I don't know who danced the most! For sure our feet were hurting by the end of the night. The best was that I got to experience a different side of Josh...and how fun!!! This guy CAN dance (of course, he was a little drunk, too!), it's just a matter of time for the cuban roots to take, right Josh? After all, you do have all the way to February 21st! I think you can learn... "I think I can, I think I can"... ;-)